- What is the RiVision method? -
RiVision® is an innovative physical therapy method that is designed to treat musculoskeletal injuries and chronic pain. This method uniquely combines physical therapy, dance/movement therapy and guided imagery so that, working together, they can be more effective than they would be if used separately.
In order to thoroughly evaluate and analyze the complexity of the body disorder/discomfort, Dr. Rivi drew from the following elements within physical therapy, dance/movement therapy and guided imagery. In physical therapy, she relates to patients’ range of motion, pain level, posture and function levels. In dance/movement therapy, she relates to the patients’ typical pattern of movement and how it may be related to their injury. In guided imagery, Dr. Rivi relates to the images the patients use when describing their body’s feelings and responses to particular people and situations.
Sometimes a single therapy like manual/hands-on techniques is utilized. Unlike conventional physical therapy and gym practice, where machines and exercises are commonly used, Dr. Rivi emphasizes thorough and sensitive joint and soft tissue mobilization tailored individually to each patient.
- How was Dr. Rivi trained? -
Dr. Rivi Belach Har-El has over 40 years of experience treating people with chronic pain and musculoskeletal disorders. She graduated as a registered physical therapist from the internationally renowned Wingate Institute in 1983. In 1991, she received her Master’s Degree in Dance/Movement Therapy from Hunter College. In 2000, Dr. Rivi received her PhD in Physical Therapy from New York University.
- What type of problems does she treat? -
Bursitis, tendonitis and arthritis, rotator cuff injury and frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, hand/trigger finger injury. Women health (post lumpectomy/mastectomy, breast reconstruction and lymphedema) and more.
Hip, knee, ankle and foot sprain/strain, patello-femoral syndrome, bursitis, tendonitis and arthritis, sport/dance injuries, heel spur/plantar fasciitis, meniscus tear and more.
SPINE AND GENERAL
Stress and tension related disorders, myofascial pain, fibromyalgia, repetitive stress injury, (dance, music and/or other occupation related) neck and back pain, herniated disc, degenerative disorders, muscle spasm, poor posture, scoliosis, age related stiffness and more.
- Who are her patients? -
She treats people who suffer from various orthopedic and neurological conditions (e.g., low back pain, neck pain, scoliosis, and frozen shoulder), repetitive stress injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome, poor posture) and various chronic orthopedic conditions.
- Is RiVision covered by insurance? -
Treatment is covered by most insurance providers. We will try to make it affordable for each person.
- Why seek help from Dr. Rivi? -
• Home for RiVision, a unique comprehensive physical therapy method that combines physical therapy, dance/movement therapy and guided imagery.
• Personalized 45 minute sessions with Dr. Rivi, not with assistants
• Enjoy moving to the sound of music in a small group setting.
• Explore the relationships between body awareness, self image and chronic pain.
• Specific exercises carefully tailored to each patient.
• Creative expression via movement therapy and guided imagery can elicit relaxation responses that counterbalance stress and pain.
• A relaxing atmosphere and supportive environment conducive to healing and growth.